Monday, April 21, 2008

A Candy Adventure

It’s almost May, which means it’s almost Indy Jones 4 time. It’s a thrill seeing Indy billboards all around town. And look what popped up in my local 7-11:
Ah, my beloved ‘Sev. You never let me down.

So what is the “Adventure Bar” besides a less than obvious movie tie in? The Snickers folks will tell you it’s “Rich chocolate. Crunchy nuts. And a cliffhanger kick of exotic spice and a hint of sweet coconut flavor.”

Um, okay.

Coconut seems like a good idea, but “exotic spice” is just general enough of a description to be scary. I’d rather you just come out and tell me it’s a chai flavored bar. This is why I’m not in the candy marketing business, I guess.

On to the candy…

As with Snickers Charged, there is not much different about this bar. The coconut flavor is slight and became less distinct with every bite. I struggled to find the “exotic spice” until the very last bite. You have to work really hard to detect it. I closed my eyes and concentrated real hard and got a slight hint of chai. If they hadn’t of promised “exotic spice”, I’m not sure I would have tasted anything at all.

If the coconut had been more prevalent, this might be a buy again. But I think I’ll pass up this Adventure.

One more month to Crystal Skull!

No comments: