Monday, November 10, 2008

This is My 100th Post!

One night, I learned exactly what the Bean was afraid of. I heard him whimpering through the monitor, so I quickly tiptoed my way through the dark house to his room.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm sad," he said.

"Why are you sad?"

"You're washing my hair."

"I think you were having a dream, Buddy Boy," I said as reassuringly as I could. "You're in your bed. Put your hand on your hair, it's not wet."

The Bean did just that. Though he still seemed upset and a little bit confused, confirmation of his dry head was enough to make him lay back on his pillow.

"Do you want me to stay in here for a minute?" I asked him.

"No," he said. "I want you to leave now."

3 comments:

Your escalator operator said...

Funny post. Congrats on the hitting the century mark!

Sadie said...

Congrats on reaching 100!

My son is seven and still hates having his hair washed. I keep hoping one day he'll outgrow it, but I'm starting to worry.

Emily said...

As a kid I never had an issue with getting my hair washed, but if you tried to DRY my hair, I would throw my towel on the floor and escape the house . . . naked.