Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Spirit Does Not Move Me

I know that I should be excited about THE SPIRIT, but for some reason I am not.

It’s the kind of movie that I should be revved up about. I loved the look of SIN CITY. I dig Frank Miller’s twisted take on stories. I am hot for Scarlett Johansson. But somehow this movie fails to get my moviegeek juices flowing.


I have no connection to the source material, I’ve barely read a Spirit comic, and the clips and images I’ve seen leave me feeling “meh”.

With just a few weeks to go before it opens, there are a lot of ads popping up, but I’m not sensing any real excitement about it from anyone.

Weird, right?

I hope I’m wrong and that it kicks ass. But unless I hear a lot of talk that tells me it indeed does, I think I'm gonna sit this one out.

What say you?

1 comment:

Lucasb said...

Don't feel bad, I feel the same way. I really enjoyed Sin City, but could have done without 300. That style of film feels kinda gimick-y. I have a feeling that it's not going to do well.