Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Confession

This is hard for me to say. I’ve been lying to you. I’m sorry, but I have. Everything I’ve written here for the past 2½ years has been untrue. I am not a dad. I am not even married. The Bean, Sprout, WonderWife™…all figments of my over-active imagination. A fantasy made all too real by the constant writing of this blog. I don’t even have any pets. The images I’ve posted? I got them from Flickr. In truth, I am a 56 year-old man. I live alone in a studio apartment in Northridge. I work in a cubicle doing data entry for a company that sells tile and flooring. I have a few friends and every once in a while, I go out on a date.

I want to thank you all for your support over the years. I'm going to continue to write, but now that I have come clean, the subjects of my blog will change somewhat. However, I still think that you'll enjoy my stories about work and of my attempts at dating. I'm just figuring out how to use some of those internet dating services. I know that if I keep at it, I will find that someone special and hopefully have kids for real one day.

5 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

Sadly, I own a calendar.

Steph said...

Happy April Fools.....

Jennybean said...

April Fools... :)

Derek Armstrong said...

It's just too hard to pull off this kind of thing anymore, but good try!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Haha! I don't believe you, not for one.single.second!