Friday, June 5, 2009

Flashback Friday: A New Game

For this edition of Flashback Friday, I bring you another post from my old MySpace blog. This one was originally written on November 2, 2006. The Bean was nearly a year old.


The Bean has recently become mobile. And mischievous.

The kid has figured out where the cats' food and water bowls are. He puts everything in his mouth, so if he were to reach the bowls, he'd be eating cat food. While I'm pretty sure cat food isn't bad for him, I'm having visions of Future Bean on the playground getting people to dare him to eat cat food and dog biscuits. I don't want him to be that kid. Everybody is grossed out by that kid.

So I've spent every morning this week playing goalie.

It goes like this: He'll follow me into the kitchen, because he knows I'm going to be fixing a bowl of cereal (Frosted Mini Wheats--which is a bad choice because if you don't eat it right away, it gets soggy beyond all recognition and frankly isn't that good anymore). The Bean's still figuring out the crawling thing and moves like an army soldier with the speed of a lizard. When he gets excited about something, he pants like a dog. (He's a strange kid, I know, but look who his daddy is.) So I'm standing in the kitchen, shoveling large spoonfuls of cereal into my maw and behind me I hear "thump, thump, pant, pant, pant." I look up and he's making a bee-line for the cat food. I put down my bowl, pick him up and put him in the front room, as far away from the cat food as possible. I quickly resume eating only to hear the thumping and panting once again.

The Bean thinks this is a lot of fun. But he's never eaten soggy Mini Wheats.

5 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

THAT (among MANY other reasons) is why I hate cats.

SweetPeaSurry said...

Heh ... when I was a wee lass, I used to eat the dog food out of the dogs bowl at my gramma's house. My sister told me I did that ... I don't think my parents ever even knew. That's what happens when you're the third kid in line. Ya know?

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

HAHAHAHA! I'm going to tell you, I've never eaten soggy mini wheats either!!!

But my little sister use to be THAT girl that ate dog food! hehe!

Unknown said...

Soggy mini-wheats are one of the worst, eew.
But that's what kids are for, keeping us on our toes.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Soggy mini wheats aren't bad, as long as they are frosted. Unfrosted and soggy = prison food.