Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Fried Chicken Day

By the time I met the woman who would become WonderWife™, I had been through the dating gauntlet. I had J-Dated, Speed Dated, blind dated, double dated… Frankly, I was exhausted. Thankfully everything about dating the future WW™ proved to be easy. We had been together for seven months before we faced our first Valentines Day. Normally I would panic on a supposed big day like this, trying to plan every detail to be just right. But there was something about FWW™ that drew the honesty out of me, like putting sugar on a strawberry draws out the juice. After talking about our expectations for the day, we both concluded that the idea of battling other love struck couples while spending an outlandish amount of money at a restaurant that had artificially inflated the prices for one night was…well stupid. Instead on the way home from work I picked up fried chicken and waffles from Roscoe’s and we sat cross-legged on the floor of her apartment happily gorging ourselves. It was one of our best moments and one of the things that helped further cement our already solid relationship.

We’ve spent 11 years together and we still don’t make a big deal out of Valentines Day, but we do continue to eat fried chicken to commemorate it.


Happy Fried Chicken Day!

1 comment:

Nammy said...

That was very romantic.