Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cupcake Batter

I was sitting on the floor, playing trucks with the Bean, when WonderWife™ presented us each with a small bowl of chocolate cake batter. She was baking cupcakes for the Bean’s birthday party.

Cake batter is one of those simple, delectable pleasures in life and I was happy to be able to share this treasure with my son. But as we sat there, shoveling spoonfuls of gooey deliciousness into our mouths, it dawned on me that my batter-eating days were numbered. Soon Sprout would be old enough to enjoy batter and while the kids would argue over who got the bowl and who got the beater, I would be the odd man out.

I guess in the future I’ll just have to get WW™ to bake after the kids have gone to sleep.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could talk WonderWife into using a mixer that had 2 beaters, then there would be 2 beaters and a bowl.

DGB said...

I would never ask her to give up using her Kitchen Aide.

Your escalator operator said...

Great. Now I'm jonesing for cake batter for lunch.

Sadie said...

Good call - giving up the Kitchen Aide would be heresy in the eyes of the baking gods!

Derek Armstrong said...

Mmm, cupcake batter is good.

(There, I delurked.)

;-)

Kevin McKeever said...

Then you need to move on to Cake Batter ice cream. Turkey Hill makes a fine one.

Anonymous said...

Sadie: You're so right. My friend calls the Kitchen Aid the "Married Mixer" since it's such a luxury that you only get one via a registry. I love mine and use it often enough that it has a permanet home on my counter - it doesn't get put away. I *heart* it.