Friday, April 3, 2009

A Geek Alone

On the morning of the third day, I was tired of waking up to a quiet house. The silence served only to remind me that I was alone. I peeled myself out of bed and slogged through my morning routine, missing the chaotic sounds of breakfast that are normally just beyond my bedroom door. It wasn’t until I got into the office that I realized that the only time I had spoken all morning was to leave a message on WonderWife’s™ voicemail.

How can you tell that I’ve been alone all week? This is my fifth post in as many days.

I miss them. I miss the chaos. The inane conversations with the Bean about Lightning McQueen and the smiles from Sprout. I miss WonderWife™. There’s nobody around to call me a “geek” when I’m watching cartoons or playing video games. I’m done with this life of solitude. I’m ready for my family to come home.

6 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

Yep. Been there myself, and will be again when the wife and kids make their annual week-long trek to the inlaw's cottage without me.

Just try and enjoy life in your underwear and all that fried food.

Derek Armstrong said...

Man up! Take advantage! Speaking is overrated, anyway.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

K that was tender...My husband however would LOVE a week away from us. Like I'm ever going to give him THAT much freedom! lol!

SweetPeaSurry said...

I didn't realize that I had lost my voice on Friday morning, until I got into the shower and tried to sing. The 'croak' that came out was atrocious! Needless to say, I didn't do my 8 hour presentation that day.

I have to say ... I had to giggle at Vancetastic's 'Man Up!'.

bright blessings!

DGB said...

SweetPea...giggle if you will, but Vance doesn't have kids.

Super Mega Dad said...

You just reminded me...I need to get some Xboxing done tonight!