Friday, October 30, 2009

Fruit Salad

Like Babe Ruth calling out his shot, the Bean decided in June what he wanted to be for Halloween this year. Apropos of nothing one day he declared, “I want to be a banana for Halloween.”

I had my doubts. Halloween was four months away and I figured that he would decide to be a character from Cars or learn that a from a friend at school was going to be Batman or something and he'd change his mind. However, WonderWife™ was confident in his decision. She recalled how last year the Bean got it in his head very early that he wanted to be a cat, even though at 2 ½, he barely had any idea of what Halloween was all about.

WW™ was right (of course) and sure enough the Bean is going to be a Banana. More than that, he’s also dictated what costumes Sprout and I are to wear. Last year I went as the patient from the game Operation. This year, I have been instructed that I am to be an apple. Sprout is going to be a blueberry. Since the Bean did not chose a costume for WW™, to complete the picture she is dressing as Carmen Miranda.

So if you see a bunch of fruit and a foxy woman in a colorful dress out trick-or-treating this year, you’ll know it’s the Geek Boy clan.

Happy Halloween!

11 comments:

ericdbolton said...

You are going to give him maracas and make him sing "It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time" right?

Unknown said...

That's creative. I bought the three of scrubs and said "let's be doctors!" Of course this morning I got to the bus stop and realized I forgot Thor's costume. Figures.

That opreation costume is great!

DGB said...

I showed him "It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time" on You Tube and he lost interest after 15 seconds.

Sad.

SciFi Dad said...

Alternatively, cover your wife with purple or green balloons, making her a bunch of grapes and your family the Fruit of the Loom guys (sorta).

DGB said...

We considered Fruit of the Loom, however there are no bananas within those mascots. My guess is a banana selling underwear is a bit too suggestive.

Steph said...

Had to LOL about the bananna selling underwear.

I'm sure you all will be the best looking family on the block!!

Your escalator operator said...

Man, I need to open your blog earlier in the day. I really wanted the Fruit of the Loom comment and to ask if you guys looked like this http://lh5.ggpht.com/_ycjvEqwVMMU/R1rUm6kvrWI/AAAAAAAAAL4/-TMOCG3rMHk/Fruit%20Of%20The%20Loom.jpg .

SciFi beat me to it.

Have a fun Halloween.

OneZenMom said...

I want - nay, I demand - photos. ;)

Lady Mama said...

At least he gave you plenty of notice to find the right costume!

Surfer Jay said...

Hey I saw a banana! It was a huge one too, looked expensive. He was running full speed past me with his bag of candy flopping around so I told him, 'don't slip...' He didn't get it.

Not a soccer mom said...

sounds a bit like the fruit of the loom guys... just sayin.
I am sure you were great