Wednesday, November 4, 2009

An Experiment

I have to be honest with you, this writing thing is hard. Coming up with two or three posts a week about my boring life is challenging. My kids are hilarious, but not all of the time. New food products only come out every so often and we're still a year and a half away from Michael Bay's next movie, so I have very little to complain about there. I sometimes think about taking a sabbatical when the creative juices start to run dry. But honestly, I love writing too much to stop.

So with that said, I need your help with an experiment. I would love for you, my awesome readers, to provide some grist for the writing mill and interview me. Ask me some questions and I will work to turn the answers into what I hope are entertaining posts for you. Is there anything you want to know about me? Are there topics you'd like me to write about? My philosophies about parenting? Music? Movies? Are there things you hate that I write about? Who would win in a fight, a Wookie or an Orc?

If you're interested in playing, leave a question in the comments or send me an email.

This is either going to be great or a total disaster. Either way, I thank you guys for continuing to read.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the "who would win in a fight" that could be fun to hear the answer to.

I'll have to give some thought to this but for now...

One question: I know your movie tastes because you've shared that, what about music?

SciFi Dad said...

Top 5 Science Fiction Movies of all time?

Who would win in a fight between a yak and a cow?

CD/Album that best defines the aughts (must have been released in 2000-2009)?

CD/Album that best defines the 1990s.

Did Han shoot first?

Derek Armstrong said...

I think you should write a post pimping your other friends who have blogs, so your other friends can siphon off some of your large quantity of readers.

Lady Mama said...

What do you hope your son/daughter will be when they grow up?

How did you meet WonderWife and what was the first thing you said to her when you met?

OneZenMom said...

I'm going to give this some thought and email you.

But, I have to say that I like SFD's suggestions. Except for the last one. Because, really, "YES!" is not enough to fill a whole post. ;)

Dan said...

How about top five (or 3, or 1, or 10 depending on how you feel) to indoctrinate your kids into the way of the geek.

Dan said...

That should, of course, be WAYS to indoctrinate your kids into the way of the geek.

Your escalator operator said...

I like Vancetastic's idea - was also going to suggest that you do a post about topics you'd like to read on the blogs you visit. But that's probably not really in the spirit of this exercise. (Or IS it?) Anyway, good idea. I might steal it.

How about your idea for a product that hasn't been invented yet but should be?

Or most unnecessary invention of all time?

Should be some good Geek potential there.

Gruvkitty said...

What are your top 5 movies you haven't showed to your kids yet? Why not? When will you do it? Why?

I know E is always asking us "What age do I have to be to watch *insert one of about 75 PG-13 or R movies he's heard about here*" And there's always at least one friend who claims to have already seen it!

DGB said...

You all rule.

Thanks!

Unknown said...

I thought of some:

What things did you want to accomplish before you turned 30? 40? (enter whatever age you want.)

Have you accomplished those goals? Did they change after you had children?

How do you define success (personal or professional or both)?

You are about to be stranded on a desert island. You can't bring your family but you can bring three items. What would they be and why?

James (SeattleDad) said...

Your lamest Thanksgiving ever? Best?