Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ri Roooh Roo

I was sitting at a restaurant, waiting for my lunch companion to arrive, when WonderWife™ called.

“Do you have a second?” she asked.

“Sure.”

“Listen to this,” she said. “Sprout, say ‘I love you.' Say ‘I love you.’"

I could hear the rustling sound of the phone being shifted about. In the background Sprout’s voice came through, uttering something with the same cadence and syllables.

It sounded like, “Ri roooh roo.”

“Baby,” I said to my wife. “You know those people who think their dogs are saying ‘I love you’ and send it to America’s Funniest Videos? You’re doing that right now.”

10 comments:

ericdbolton said...

I was thinking of the same thing when you spelled it out phonetically.

SciFi Dad said...

Bah... one day she'll say you ruined her life and you'll long for "Ri Rooh Roo".

OneZenMom said...

Aw, c'mon, that's cute. :)

MakingChanges said...

That is just funny right there!

Your escalator operator said...

Still cute, though.

Derek Armstrong said...

That dog is pretty convincing.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Sounds like me during a few drunk dialing episodes. Complete with the howling at the end.

I actually had a Husy dog about 15 years ago who did the same thing. It was pretty cool.

missylovesyou said...

I totally "Lol"ed at James' comment. Ahhh drunk dialing.

Lady Mama said...

OH MY GOD YOUR DOG CAN TALK. Dude I'm not even kidding. What are you feeding her? You could sell it and make millions.

Funny Farmer said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Very funny!