Friday, November 9, 2012

If I Were a Rich Man

The Bean wandered into the bathroom as I was brushing my teeth. He noticed a copy of Entertainment Weekly on the counter.

“That man is very handsome,” he said of the picture of Prince Charming from that show my wife inexplicably likes, Once Upon a Time. “He must be rich.”

“Does being handsome mean that you’re rich?” I asked.

“Well, one time Dr. Doofenshmirtz turned handsome and walked into a bank and they gave him two bags of money.”

Deciding not to repeat my “things in real life don’t work the way they do in cartoons” speech yet again, I opted for “uh-huh” as my response.

“Do you think I’m rich?” I asked.

 “No dad,” said The Bean. “You don’t look like that.”

1 comment:

Las Vegas Mama said...

Lol, ouch... out of the mouths of babes!!